Journey in Literature

"We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls" -Anais Nin

Monday, March 17, 2014

Internal Tourism in Fajardo, Puerto Rico

     Bright Sun, clear water, hot sand...These are the three things that I enjoy when I visit a Beach somewhere in the Island. Saturday was my lucky day: I was looking for a place that I have never been to. A couple of friends helped me to find that place, and after a hour long reunion, we finally had our destination. We went to a beach in Fajardo called Seven Seas. A couple of friends and I started our Journey, with a BBQ and a refrigerator with beverages.

     We arrived to the beach, and the place was not full as expected. It was nice and the water was warm. While my friends were playing volleyball and swimming, I was analyzing the environment, which it was very calm and clean. 

     Later, a local person talk with us about and mentioned a little beach called Playa Escondida, which it was very close to Seven Seas. We were very interested and excited to go there. After walking 20 minutes from Seven Seas to Playa Escondida, we finally arrived.

     Playa Escondida is one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to. The water was magical and very clear, and with a sunny weather, we had an amazing time as a group. This experience was awesome and made me realize that sometimes, as locals, we do not appreciate the places that makes Puerto Rico unique, and we need to act as tourists/travelers to enjoy it. 



5 comments:

  1. I love Playa Escondida in Fajardo. I like the fact that you had a interaction with an actual local and acted as a tourist, just exploring the island. Is the perfect situation of a tourist (maybe traveler ) in their own homeland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Playa Escondida, but the picture looks beautiful. I agree with you and we must wander around out island more often because it is very interesting and breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Karlene I had never visited the Playa Escondida, but this summer I will go because it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been there, but what you wrote it looks like a good place to visit. I'm looking forward to do more local tourism :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like most of the people in our group, I've never been there. I do have to say that from the picture, it looks really nice. I look forward to going there sometime.

    ReplyDelete