Journey in Literature

"We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls" -Anais Nin

Monday, April 21, 2014

Inner Journey

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that is your own self"
 -Aldous Huxley

      One day, I woke up in the morning and the first thought that came to my mind was: Am I really doing the right thing? These and other reflective questions crosses our mind very frequently, questions that need answers preety soon. We tried to look for solutions: talk to a friend about the issue, read motivational videos, but, for people like me, it is not a really effective method.

     In my English class, it was assigned a Journal for 8 weeks, which I will write 5 reflexions a week about the first thoughts that we found in our heads, and they need to get out; Second, 3 compasses a week, analyzing my internal journey. At first, I found this as a project, but throughout the course, it was more than just a project. 

     The English Journal helped me to find my internal journey, answering most of the questions in my mind. It was a way to express my feelings or thoughts. It is not so easy for me to talk about the real Giovanni, and at the beginning, it was a little hard to express myself on a paper, but with dedication, it became more fluent to write about my ideas and concerns. The journal also helped me to improve my english writing , especially improving my english grammar. I was not a good english writer when I wrote my first 10 reflexions. 

     Two of the reflexion's rule was: First, do not get logical; Second, do not worry about spelling and punctuation. It was not wasy to put all my thoughts in a 10 minute writing exercise without checking my spelling and I tried to get logical so many times that it really wasted significant amount of  writing time. 

     Througout the semester, I became more confortable with the journal, and it became an everyday hobby. At the end of the exercise,I was more relaxed or happier. I talk to my friends about this creative task, and how good it was to have one from now on.

     Finally, the journal, along with the compass, helped me to evaluate myself and try to correct what I was doing wrong. With the help of the journal, I am looking foward to keep discovering the journey of life, ready for the challenges that I found during my trip, and willing to explore more about the world that makes our internal journey more interesting.





   




5 comments:

  1. What a good experience of being able to read your inner journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote you post of Aldous Huxley. I think that with the Inner journey we have improve ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree with you when you say that it helped you have a more clear view/perspective of yourself. It helped me in that way as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I also have to work on my Inner Journey, but the Literature class helped me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The inner journey is a process of constant change.
    Acceptance and embracing your mind is key to having a smooth inner journey. I really like your post!

    ReplyDelete