Journey in Literature

"We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls" -Anais Nin

Monday, April 21, 2014

External Journey: A way to explore our culture

"We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls" 
-Anais Nin, The Diary of Anais Nin 

     In our English class named "Journey in Literature" we focused on the journey we take during our lives. Our journey can be divided into two categories: Internal and external journey. The internal Journey help one to discover our personality, what Identifies us as a person; Our external journey helped us to find what identifies us as a culture.

     With the help of the blog, we made our external journey. Creating a blog was a new task for me, and a felt a tittle lost at the beginning, but it was a very effective method to analyze our lectures. During the semester, we analyze different novels and stories that we can relate to our society. One of the novels, Jim Cooper's novel called "Down on the Island", was a novel that showed us the educational system during the 50's. I really loved this novel because it showed us the things that we need to improve to be a better society.

     What I really loved most about this blog was that I learned that we are tourists of our own country. The activity titled "A day as a tourist" gave me an oportunity to explore the Island's content. It was a great experience for me.



     Finally, we, as locals, do not appreciate the beauty of the Island. We need to promote internal tourism to know our island's history and heritage. I started with the blog, I was really a tourist, but now that I Know more about the culture of Puerto Rico, I really feel more as a traveler in my own home, and it is because now I am beggining to appreciate the Island. I am looking foward to keep discovering the beauty of Puerto Rico, which is the main objective of my external journey.  



   
     

5 comments:

  1. Being able to read your external journey was awesome. This course help us all to travel in so many ways. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is sad that our external journey in the class is over but I'm very happy with all that we learn. Great blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great being a part of your external journey through you blog! Great posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what you said about us being tourists in our own land. We live such a fast paced lifestyle that sometimes we forget to stop what we're doing and actually enjoy the world around us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your experience as a tourist ! Its true we are tourists in our own island, there is so much to explore.

    ReplyDelete